Tenure-track Position in Health Information Management & Analytics
Belmont Abbey College invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in Health Information Management & Analytics (HIMA) to begin August 1, 2021. Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The instructor will be the baccalaureate Program Coordinator as well as teach a variety of courses within the undergraduate program in Health Information Management and Analytics (HIMA). The successful candidate will provide academic advising and manage outcome data related to accreditation requirements. Service to the department, College, and community, scholarly development, and contributing positively to the College’s mission are expected.
Particular duties include:
- Building positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community
- Providing recommendations to the Provost’s Office and appropriate college committees regarding curriculum, instruction and operations
- Managing schedule of course offerings, identifying qualified faculty to teach program courses, and regularly evaluating faculty teaching
- Participating in the budget planning process and maintaining oversight of the program budget
- Leading CAHIIM accreditation processes for program candidacy and initial accreditation approval
- Obtaining clinical sites and establish clinical affiliation agreements
- Instructing and supervising a diverse population of students in the classroom at various times and locations (including remote and online learning)
Required qualifications: Minimum of a Master’s in Health Information Management, Health Analytics, or closely related field and MUST hold a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification through AHIMA in alignment with program accreditation requirements.
Preferred qualifications: Earned Doctorate in a related field desired, but not required. Two or more years working in the healthcare industry in a health information technology role strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will be a talented and dedicated academic deeply and enthusiastically committed to the Catholic mission of Belmont Abbey College. Preference will be given to those candidates who can demonstrate 1) a record of excellence in undergraduate teaching and a sense of teaching as a vocation; 2) a philosophy of teaching that supports the approach to education expressed in St. John Paul II’s Ex Corde Ecclesiae; and 3) a strong desire to teach at a liberal arts institution where the academic program is “guided by the Catholic intellectual tradition and the Benedictine spirit of prayer and learning.”
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the search is completed. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Health Information Management Search.” Include a letter of application, vita, the names and contact information of at least three references, and a written response in which you explain how your work engages with the Catholic intellectual tradition in the context of a Benedictine liberal arts college and how your own faith tradition informs your vocation as teacher and scholar. (Evidence of teaching excellence and official transcripts are optional at this stage but required for interview.)