Major (BA) in Educational Studies
To be eligible for acceptance into the degree program, the student must declare the major and have completed at least 9 hours of education coursework. The student must complete 30 hours of required major coursework, including an internship, with a minimum grade of “C” in each.
Any CCPS student who has not previously attended college or has not been enrolled full-time during the past three (3) years must enroll in AD 101 Adult to
In addition to the other Core Curriculum requirements, the following are specific core requirements:
- ED 300 Introduction to Education
- ED 303 Children’s Literature
- ED 305 Introduction to the Exceptional Child
- ED308 Perspectives in Education
- ED 310W Educational Dev. and Psychology
- 300-400 Level Psychology or Sociology course
- BU 315W Business Communication
- ED 315 Arts Integration
- ED 460 Internship and Seminar
- Educational Studies majors are encouraged to pursue a double major or at least one minor totaling 37-40 hours
It is the student’s responsibility to see that all degree requirements for graduation are fulfilled.