Program Admission Requirements:
- Must submit application to program with three relevant academic references
- Must complete MA 151 OR MA 145, BU 265, HC 200 with a grade of C or higher, with no more than two attempts for each class.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for any prior collegiate level course work.
- Criminal Background check, drug screen, immunizations up to date via Student Liaison/Compliance Specialist (student cost). Software such as Castlebranch required for exclusion monitoring per national requirements for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS).
- Technical standards for admission (visual and hearing requirements)
Program Course Requirements:
Freshman Year, Fall Semester
- FS 101: First Year Symposium
- BI 108 & 108L: Anatomy & Physiology I, Lab
- MA 151 College Algebra OR MA 145 Finite Math
- SO 201 Intro to Sociology
- Fine Arts Core Requirement
Freshman Year, Spring Semester
- RH 104 Rhetoric, Logic, Grammar and Writing
- TH 105 Intro to Scripture
- CH 103 Chemistry
- BI 110, 110L Anatomy & Physiology, Lab
Sophomore Year, Fall Semester
- HI 101 Western Civilization I
- TH 205 Intro to Theology
- EN 211 Literary Classics I
- PO 211 OR PH 200W
- BU 265 Spreadsheets & Databases
Sophomore Year, Spring Semester
- HI 102: Western Civilization II
- EN 212: Literary Classics II
- Philosophy Core Requirement
- PO 212 OR one of the following: PH 202, PH 301, PH 305, PH 310 or PH 314
- PO 201 US Constitution
- HC 200 Medical Terminology
Junior Year, Fall Semester
- MA 208 OR PC 300 Statistics for Psychology
- HC 300 Medical Coding and Classification Systems
- CS 220 Intro to Information Systems
- HC 201 Healthcare Informatics
- HC 305 Healthcare Financial Management & Reimbursement Systems
Junior Year, Spring Semester
- NU 204 Pharmacology/Pharmicokenetics
- HC 301 Medical Coding and Reimbursement Systems
- HC 303 Health Data Structures and Management
- HC 412 Legal Aspects of Healthcare Data
- HC 320 Principles of Healthcare Information Management
Senior Year, Fall Semester
- HC 420 Management and Business Practices
- TH 332 Catholic Bioethics
- HC 425 Quality Measurement & Evaluation for Healthcare
- HC 302W Research for Healthcare Practice
Senior Year, Spring Semester
- HC 405 Healthcare Data Analytics
- BU 404 Human Resources Management
- HC 450 Internship Health Information Management and Analytics Clinical Practicum
- HC 475 Senior Seminar – National Certification Exam Review
- Completion of all required coursework with a grade of C in major courses, with no more than 2 attempts per course.
- Completion of required professional internship hours.
- Completion of RHIA exam review course.
It is the student’s responsibility to see that all degree requirements for graduation are fulfilled.