The minor in Information Systems is designed for students who want to understand, analyze, specify, use, or manage computer-based information systems without necessarily needing extensive training in computer programming. Although these students typically major in Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Sport Management, or Education, students from any major are welcome to minor in IS.
- CS 201 Introduction to Programming or
CS 243 Web Site Development
- CS 220 Introduction to Information Systems
- BU 265 Spreadsheet and Database Applications
- CS 307 Database Systems Design and Management
- CS 309 Information Systems Analysis OR
CS 403 Management of Information Systems
A grade of “C-” (1.67) or better must be earned in all courses required for any minor in the department. Students should consult with the Department Chair and complete an official declaration of minor form as early as is possible.
It is the student’s responsibility to see that all degree requirements for graduation are fulfilled.