Belmont Abbey College has a large military presence on its campus, as well as in the community. There are several avenues a student may take to expand their minds and understanding of the United States military.
Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC)
In partnership with the University of North Carolina, Charlotte (UNCC), we offer the Army and Air Force ROTC classes.
- The Army sequence may be taken towards a Military Studies minor. Please check the Belmont Abbey College course catalog to confirm this. The Army ROTC classes are taught one day a week at the UNC-Charlotte campus. The Army ROTC leadership labs are taught once a month on a Saturday. Please note that a consortium form must be completed and turned in to the Belmont Abbey College Registrar to register for these classes and leadership labs. The forms are available here.
Belmont Abbey College offers a variety of services and support for Veterans of the Armed Services.
- Please contact the Financial Aid office to process any awards through the G.I. Bill Program. The office is located in the Crusader Success Hub and the number is 704-461-7000. You may also email FinancialAidOffice@bac.edu for specific questions.
- Advising, registration, and transcript evaluations are available through our Center for Continuing & Professional Studies. That office may be reached by calling 704-461-6838.
- Please visit this site to find out more about how a Marine veteran may earn a commission at Belmont Abbey College.
Green to Gold Program
This program allows currently-serving G.I’s to continue serving their chosen branch of the military while earning a degree from Belmont Abbey College.
- This program is open to all branches; including the Guard and Reserves
- Incoming freshmen may join a local unit prior to enrolling and qualify for this program.
Contact Information and Staff
Army ROTC Point of Contact
Mr. Rick Nash
Air Force: https://afrotc.uncc.edu/