The College nurse Practitioner performs a variety of clinical skills in health assessment, triage,
diagnosis and treatment, counseling and referral in the delivery of episodic health care and
promotion; participates in the development and implementation of health and health service
related policies and procedures and coordinates/provides campus health screenings and immunization
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina with authorization to practice in the expanded role as a Nurse Practitioner by national certification (adult or family only)
- Must maintain malpractice insurance, current prescription writing privileges and a collaborative practice agreement – reimbursement for required fees provided
- Must be supportive of Catholic views on health care and cannot dispense treatment advice that counters Catholic teaching
- Experience working with adolescents and young adults or in a college or school health setting preferred
- Knowledge of current techniques and practices of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of a wide variety of health issues such as nutrition, stress management, communicable diseases.
Part time 20 hours weekly flexible
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and contact info for three references to Cheryl Trotter at email@example.com.
Located ten minutes west of Charlotte, North Carolina, Belmont Abbey College is a Catholic, Benedictine school
that educates a diverse student body in the liberal arts and sciences. The College, which is more than 130
years old, is known for its dedicated faculty, their excellent teaching, the personal attention that students
receive, and a friendly atmosphere both inside and outside of the classroom. There is a Benedictine monastery
on campus, as well as a minor basilica. In keeping with the monks’ age-old tradition of hospitality, the
College community welcomes newcomers and works together for the benefit of our students--aiming to exemplify
the aspiration that our College motto encapsulates: That in all things God may be glorified.
Mission Statement of Belmont Abbey College
Our mission is to educate students in the liberal arts and sciences so that in all things God may be glorified.
In this endeavor, we are guided by the Catholic intellectual tradition and the Benedictine spirit of prayer and
learning. Exemplifying Benedictine hospitality, we welcome a diverse body of students and provide them with an
education that will enable them to lead lives of integrity, to succeed professionally, to become responsible
citizens, and to be a blessing to themselves and to others.